How to get to Chinatown MRT Station from Changi Airport MRT Station by Train?
Start at Changi Airport MRT Station
- Take East West Line Changi Airport Extension towards Tanah Merah, for 1 station to Expo.
- Change train at Expo MRT Station. Transfer
- Take Downtown Line towards Bukit Panjang, for 16 stations to Chinatown.
- Arrive at Chinatown MRT Station. You have reached your destination.
- Estimated Travel Time : 1 hr 10 mins
- Total Station Stops : 17 stops
- Total Transfer : 1
- Public Transport Operator : SMRT, SBS Transit
- Tickets And Information Telephone Hotline : SMRT : 1800 336 8900 / SBS Transit : 1800 287 2727
How do we decide on the MRT route, direction and transfer if any to get to Chinatown MRT Station from Changi Airport MRT Station?
The MRT route and direction to Chinatown MRT Station from Changi Airport MRT Station above is suggested solely based on taking train, subway (MRT) or light rail (LRT) only and requires less walking distance.
It does not take into account of having to take any additional bus or having fewer transfers at MRT stations/interchanges by walking longer distances to a nearby alternative MRT station for best possible route.
So if you are keen on taking train rides only with the least walking distance available and don't mind the extra transfer or more time taken to complete the travel journey, then this MRT travel guide is for you.
Do take note that construction projects, weather or traffic conditions, MRT train breakdown or service disruption and any other events may result in a change in the map route from the suggested route and directions above.
Please plan your route accordingly and obey all signs or notices with regards to the route you are taking.