TOUR PACKAGES TO INDONESIA FOR 2023
Indonesia Travel Guide Video
With a total of over 17,508 islands, The Republic of Indonesia is an archipelago nation in Southeast Asia and is also the world's largest archipelagic state that straddles the Equator between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
Indonesia is the world's fourth most populous country with a population of over 234 million people. It is also considered to be the most populous Muslim-majority nation,
Being a republic, the country comprises of an elected parliament and president. Indonesia's capital is Jakarta and its neighbouring countries include Papua New Guinea, East Timor, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Australia, and the Indian territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Indonesia is made up of several big provinces :- Sumatra (including the Riau Islands and Bangka-Belitung), Kalimantan (Borneo), Java (and Madura), Sulawesi (Celebes), Nusa Tenggara (Bali, Lombok, Sumbawa, Flores, Komodo and West Timor), Maluku (Moluccas) and Irian Jaya (Papua).
Indonesia lies along the equator, and thus has a tropical climate. With its size, tropical climate, and geography, Indonesia supports the world's second highest level of biodiversity after Brazil. Culture wise, Indonesia has an estimated 300 ethnic groups, with each having its own cultural differences developed over centuries, and are muchly influenced by Arabic, Chinese, Malay, and European origins.
Jakarta, being the capital of Indonesia is also its largest commercial center and also a very congested capital. Other major cities in Indonesia include Bandung, Banjarmasin, Manado, Medan, Surabaya which is Indonesia's number two city, Ujunga Padang (Makassar) and Yogyakarta.
Top Destinations/Sights in Indonesia
- Anyer - A beach in the province of Banten, located near Mt. Krakatau (volcano) and Ujung Kulon National Park.
- Bali - A beautiful resort island with great sea sports, Hindu culture and art.
- Baliem Valley - Known to be the home of the well known penis-gourded Dani warriors
- Bintan - A great resort island located just south of Singapore
- Borobudur - A magnificent huge temple dedicated to the Buddha. Situated in Central Java.
- Bunaken - Considered to be one of the most popular scuba diving sites in Indonesia.
- Lake Toba - Spectacular lake on North Sumatra province.
- Mount Bromo - Features some of the mysteriously scariest volcanic scenery found on the planet.
- Tana Toraja - Highland area of South Sulawesi famous for its extraordinary funeral rites
Calling Code : +62
Time Zone : GMT +7 through GMT +9